BMI (Body Mass Index) is calculated by dividing your weight (in kilograms) to your height’s (in meters) square. This calculation is valid for both men and women.
Your BMI measure can give you an idea whether you are at underweight, healthy weight, over weight, obese or morbid obese.
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to < 25, it falls within the normal.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to < 30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 to 40, it falls within the obese range.
- If your BMI is 40 and higher, it then falls within the morbid obese range.
Obesity is a complex disease which occurs numerous negativities on your body as listed below.
- High blood pressure
- LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol)
- Type II diabetes
- Coronary heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Osteoarthritis, a type of joint disease caused by breakdown of joint cartilage
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems
- Certain cancers (endometrial, breast, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver)
- Low quality of life
- Mental illnesses such as clinical depression, anxiety, and others
- Body pains and difficulty with certain physical functions
The doctors say that ‘’In accordance with the statistics, the success rate for obese people to loose weight with diet is only %3. The rest can not be successful.’’